Vienna, VA Divorce Attorneys
Family Law Attorneys in Vienna, VA – Creative & Effective Resolutions to Divorce Problems
At ROOP XANTTOPOULOS BABOUNAKIS PLLC, our Vienna, VA divorce attorneys realize that our clients grapple with many challenges when dealing with family law matters like divorce. Family law cases affect the most basic, important, and intimate aspects of the lives of families. When couples are involved in the divorce process, the judgment will have a significant impact on their net worth, monthly income, and their parental relationship with each other and their children. Our skilled and experienced lawyers employ a problem-solving orientation, so our clients can look toward a brighter future.
We take a focused approach to isolating the most important issues based on our client’s priorities and needs. Although we diligently pursue our client’s interests in litigation when necessary, our Vienna, VA family law attorneys realize that you do not benefit from us aimlessly contesting every issue. We furnish our clients with informed legal advice regarding the likely outcome if the parties fail to reach an agreement. This strategy facilitates the ability of our clients to decide when to dig in and tenaciously pursue a favorable ruling in litigation and when to compromise. Our attorneys know that a negotiated settlement between the parties will almost always be more acceptable than a decision imposed by a judge who will lack the parties’ knowledge of their circumstances and family relationships.
Because our attorneys have decades of collective experience representing clients in matrimonial matters, we often can devise creative solutions the spouses are unable to see because of intense emotions that breed animosity. If you are involved in a child custody dispute, a bitter, acrimonious relationship with the other parent makes co-parenting difficult and magnifies the stress on both the parents and their minor children. At ROOP XANTTOPOULOS BABOUNAKIS PLLC, our innovative approach to resolving these issues means we can coordinate workable and stable divorce orders. We aim to mitigate animosity, facilitate effective communication, and defuse conflict that might necessitate multiple post-judgment hearings to enforce and modify the judge’s orders.
Our Vienna, VA divorce lawyers handle the full spectrum of divorce issues and many other family law matters that include the following:
- Divorces based on fault grounds that include physical cruelty and emotional cruelty if it is sufficiently severe, infidelity, felony convictions with a minimum of a year of incarceration, and abandonment
- No fault divorce
- Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) approaches like mediation and collaborative divorce
- High conflict custody divorce involving contentious issues that include child abuse, domestic violence, drug or alcohol abuse, and child neglect
- Determining whether spousal support is appropriate along with the duration and amount
- Handling difficult property division matters, such as a spouse wasting marital assets, difficult to value assets, and disposition of a family business or professional practice
- Determination, enforcement, and modification of child support
- Contempt proceeding to enforce orders in the divorce decree
- Providing legal advice, negotiating skills, and expert drafting of Property Settlement Agreements (PSAs) in uncontested divorces
- Division of many different types of retirement plans and preparation of Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs)
- Divorces involving spouses with a high net worth
- Drafting of prenuptial agreements
Our Vienna, VA divorce lawyers take the time to understand our clients and to customize representation to pursue the best divorce or family law judgment. Whether you need assistance with the formalities of consummating an uncontested divorce or you fear the specter of a contentious divorce, our attorneys have expertise and experience to guide you through the process with a minimum of emotional pain, cost, and uncertainty about the future.
The attorneys at ROOP XANTTOPOULOS BABOUNAKIS PLLC will bring their experience, empathy, and talent to work for the best interests of you and your family. If you would like to request an appointment, please contact our family law firm by calling 703.442.0040, or by sending us an email.
If you would like to request an appointment please contact our family law firm by calling (703) 442-0040
or by sending us a message below