Collaborative Divorce Lawyers Virginia
Collaborative Divorce is a relatively new process in which to resolve disputes respectfully without going to court. At the heart of Collaborative Divorce (also called “no-court divorce,” “divorce with dignity,” “peaceful divorce”) is a quasi-therapeutic, amicable approach. Collaborative Divorce allows your spouse and you the benefit of child and financial specialists, divorce coaches, lawyers and other professionals all working together on comprehensive solutions for everyone involved.
In Collaborative Divorce, you sign a contractual commitment to work with your spouse in good faith to negotiate a mutually acceptable settlement without having a court decide matters.
To build trust and create long-term solutions for your family, your spouse and you commit to maintaining open communication and information sharing throughout the process. David Roop and Alex Xanttopoulos are both trained and certified in Collaborative Divorce and a member of Virginia Collaborative Professionals.
Want To Know More About A Collaborative Divorce?
- Discuss Collaborative Divorce with your spouse. See if you both want to explore it as an option for resolving your conflicts.
- Consult a trained collaborative lawyer, like David Roop Jr., Alex Xanttopoulos, Jennifer M. Babounakis and Komal H. Khan to learn more about the Collaborative Divorce Process and how it may help you reach an agreement that is acceptable to everyone in your family without going to court.
- If either spouse needs help communicating about important decisions, is struggling with the emotional impact of the separation or divorce or desires guidance with developing a parenting plan for the children, both should consult with Collaborative mental health professionals for communication coaching.
- If either spouse needs help understanding family finances or future needs and resources, then both spouses should visit and consult with a Collaborative financial specialist together.
- If either spouse has concerns about the impact of the separation or divorce on the children or desires guidance with the emotional and developmental needs of the children during the divorce process they should consult with a Collaborative Child Specialist together.
The attorneys at ROOP XANTTOPOULOS BABOUNAKIS & KLAM will bring their experience, empathy and talent to work for the best interests of you and your family. If you would like to request an appointment, please contact our family law firm by calling 703.442.0040, or by sending us an email.
If you would like to request an appointment please contact our family law firm by calling (703) 442-0040
or by sending us a message below